Yoga for Total Newbies - 14 Powerful Tips to Begining Practicing Yoga
Maybe you've already wanted to do Yoga for a a while, but you do not know how
and where to begin. This situation is very familiar for some people.
Are you Wondering what kind of yoga is good for you?, or if it's something only women can do?
In most cases you will find women in the majority of yoga classes, but this doesn't imply that yoga is only for them. In fact, in India, yoga was a practice only reserved for men.
As a rookie in yoga, one may think that Yoga is only about learning the postures and making knots with the legs and arms. But this is only one type of yoga and that is Hatha Yoga. This kind of Yoga is known for its practice of asanas or postures.
In Hatha Yoga there are different styles like Anusara Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga and many more. The term Hatha Yoga was first mentioned in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, an ancient yoga document of the XV century. In this document you can find that it makes a differenciation between the spiritual Yoga (like the Raja Yoga) and the Yoga that focuses more on the body and the Kundalini energy like the Hatha Yoga. Hatha Yoga is frequently described as a step towards the Raja Yoga.
Leaving theory aside for a moment, Hatha Yoga is a very good type of Yoga to initialize with and learn to awaken the Kundalini energy. And after all, all branches of Yoga are related and the exercise on some of them can take us beyond the physical body. As for my specific tips for a complete yoga virgin, the first one is to investigate the Yoga gyms near your home and their teachers to find the best place to start doing Yoga.
Other useful tips that will help you to start with the right foot in a yoga class are:
- Arriving before your Yoga class to see the place.
- If you are injured, tell the teacher so he or she can assist you during class.
- Take a shower before and after class, as it will help you to relax and develop a routine
- Do not use any kind of perfume at all.
- Do not leave class in the final position or Savasana, to avoid making mad others.
- Don't eat anything in the 2-3 hours before class.
- Use clothing that will make your movements easier.
- Practice in the morning to achieve mental clarity at the beginning of your day.
- If you are menstruating tell your yoga teacher so he or she can give you effective advice to make the most of your Yoga practice.
- Try to practice every day, but do not worry if you can not, you will experience the benefits even if you just practice 1-2 times per week.
- If you do yoga at home, you can do your yoga for 3 hours max.
- If you suffer a specific ill is recommended to consult your physician before starting Yoga.
- It is very normal to feel some pain in your muscles during class and also the next day, do not worry, your body will adapt to these new postures.
- And the last one, find out in your yoga and fitness centre if there are any yoga classes for newbies. This class will help you feel more comfortable when starting and move forward with more confidence. If your objective is to lose weight being by doing yoga or exercising this awesome site http://www.fettwegfaktorvip.com will show you how to do it the right way.